Everyone loves a good pizza! It’s time to roll up your sleeves and get busy; it’s as easy as well, pizza.
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (no salt)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 14g dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ⅓ cups very warm water
- ⅓ cup oil
Pizza Toppings (Choose one)
- Mozzarella cheese & pepperoni
- Mozzarella cheese & fresh mushroom
- Mozzarella cheese & vegetable mix (mushroom, olives, colored bell peppers and sweet corn)
Sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients with 1/2 cup water in a medium bowl; set aside for flavors to develop while making the crust.
- Combine 2 cups of flour with the dry yeast, sugar and salt. Add the water and oil and mix until well blended (about 1 minute). Gradually add enough remaining flour slowly, until a soft, sticky dough ball is formed.
- Knead for about 4 minutes, on a floured surface, until dough is smooth and elastic. Add more flour, if needed.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each half (with floured hands) into a 30-cm greased pizza pan OR roll dough to fit pans.
- Preheat oven to 220 o Top dough with sauce and the topping of your choice.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly. For best results, rotate pizza pans between top and bottom oven racks halfway through baking.